A unibrow is an eyebrow developed when the two eyebrows meet in the middle just above the bridge of the nose.
Some people get confused as to where to get their eyebrows done. However, knowing how to get rid of a unibrow is essential and can be cost-effective.Here are ways to get rid of a unibrow, and the danger and safety factors that go along with them:
1. Plucking One After The Other
To know how to do your eyebrow for the first time, this is an easy and low-cost way. It leaves you the option of choosing which hair to pull.
All you need for this are hot water, a towel, tweezers, and a soothing lotion.
How to pluck unibrow with tweezers:
- Dip a corner of your towel in hot water
- Place it on the unibrow.
- Make sure to use a mirror to avoid having regrets.
- Using a tweeze, gently make your way through the unibrow one at a time.
- Stretch the skin and, in a swift motion, pull each hair out in the direction it is growing.
- Apply a soothing lotion at the end. If the area reddened by the pull, run an ice cube over the area.
2. Waxing Your Unibrow
The method is carried out by using either a cold or warm wax. Another process of waxing is using hair removal tape. Both ways are excruciating.
Unibrows removed with wax takes a longer time to grow back. The process of waxing unibrow and eyebrow are the same.
How to wax your eyebrow at home:
- Purchase a use at home waxing kit or strips
- For strips, press a pre-waxed strip against the area of the unibrow you wish to remove, pat the strip down.
- For an at-home kit, follow the instructions on the box and warm the wax in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds
- Stir the wax well to ensure its wholly melted
- Standing in the front of a mirror, spread the wax on the area of the unibrow you wish to remove
- Use the strip in the box to cover the wax.
- Pat it down firmly and allow the wax to harden
- For both methods, remove swiftly by holding the skin around the strip down and pulling the wax off.
- Apply a numbing cream or ice block to reduce the pain.
3. Using Depilatory Cream on the Unibrow
A depilatory is a hair removal cream that is safe for facial use. Unlike previous methods, this method is painless and easy.
However, this will only remove surface hair, making your unibrow grow back shortly.
How to use a hair removal cream:
- Purchase a depilatory cream
- Place a tiny dab on your skin to be sure it won't irritate.
- In front of a mirror, apply the cream to your unibrow.
- Leave the cream on for the intended amount of time.
- Wash the cream off with a warm towel
4. Shaving Your Unibrow
Shaving is usually the most preferred home method to apply but can have a short term effect.
To know how to shave your eyebrow or unibrow, you must follow this simple method to avoid harming yourself.
How to use a razor on a unibrow
- Acquire a razor designed to shave an eyebrow
- Prepare your skin by getting it wet.
- Apply a shaving gel on the area you wish to remove,
- Run the razor underwater
- Wipe the cream and hair with a wet cloth or towel.
5. DIY Sugar Wax
Getting your unibrow or eyebrow waxed can be expensive. So, a Do It Yourself(DIY) method has was developed to make it easier and cost-effective.
Sugar wax requires only three ingredients and can be made in these simple ways:
- 1 cup of granulated white sugar
1/8 cup of lemon juice
- 1/8 cup of warm water
Making the wax:
- Put a medium-sized pot on fire on a medium heat
- Pour the sugar, lemon juice, and warm water into the pot
- Bring to a boil and be careful not to get it burned and turn it off when it turns golden brown.
- Allow it to cool for some minutes.
- Apply using the usual waxing method.
- Let it solidify on your skin and pull in a swift
- Apply a numbing cream or ice block to reduce the pain.
- Refrigerate the leftover wax
6. Laser Hair Remover
A laser is a technique strictly performed by licensed professionals. Here, the laser light is directed at the unibrow area and was designed to prevent future hair growth.
However, laser mostly reduces the growth of hair in those areas, and it is not a one-time treatment.This process may cause scars and irritation to the skin, and it is likely to raise other side effects and risks.
7. Electrolysis for Hair Removal
Electrolysis is a system of removing unibrow individually by stopping the growth of hair with chemical or heat energy.
This is not a one-time treatment. Consequently, the number of times it will require to take out unwanted hair may vary from person to person. The method causes little pain and can be uncomfortable.
During this process, fine needles are used with strong electric currents to kill hair roots. These hairs fall out gradually in just a few days.
8. Threading to Remove Hairs
Threading is a process of using thread to remove unwanted hairs using ancient practices. Eyebrow threading tools are simple to acquire. Sewing thread is the best to apply for this because it's thin and helps to grip hair better.
Threading the unibrow can be done in these simple ways:
- Get a sewing thread, eyebrow scissors, and brush.
- Tie the thread in the form of a loop and twist four to five times
- Position the twisted center over your unibrow
- Open one hand and close the other side with the loop in several motions.
- Rub an icepack on the threaded area to prevent bumps.
How To Get Rid Of A Unibrow QUICKLY (Tutorial)
How to Get Rid of a Unibrow FAQs
Which hair removal method permanently removes hair?
The best way to permanently remove hair is through Electrolysis, although the method is expensive and can take quite a several treatments to get it done correctly.
How long will it take for hair to grow back after threading?
Hair growth rate varies from person to person. So, depending on the rate of hair growth, some people thread every three weeks because of this.
Do laser hair removal therapies cause cancer?
A laser light emits a small amount of radiation that may cause a slight side effect. Meet your dermatologists for a test before allowing it on a larger area of the body.
Will removing my unibrow make it grow back thicker?
This belief is a myth. Hairs in all parts of the body will always grow back at a reasonable pace. But this can be affected by the method used.
What causes a unibrow?
The only possible reason for that is the gene. However, there are no medical or scientific backings to this.
Knowing how to get rid of a unibrow is easy. Though most people do not like the look unibrows gives them, a decision to rid it off shouldn’t be made hastily.
According to the New York Times, some cultures considered it as a sign of good luck, fertility, and strength in men.Electrolysis is an excellent way of removing unibrows, but it must be done by a licensed professional.